Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Conversations with Reagan Andrew

After arriving home from having dinner with friends, about 20 minutes after bedtime, I asked Donnie if he thought the boys were asleep so I could check on them. He said it was risky and I said I'd take the chance.  He added "I forgot to get their puppies out of the car and they didn't say anything." (They've slept with their puppies every night since Christmas '07 when they got them from Gma Nancy.)  

I went to sneak some kisses, and the following conversation took place:

Me: kiss Reagan on the cheek because he appears sound asleep
Reagan: opens eyes wide "Mommy, where dog?" 
Me: "Here, baby. Here's your dino. And your monkey. And your fish."
Reagan: "Where dog?"
Me: "I don't think its in here." 
Reagan: sitting up "Brudder! Brudder dog!"
Me: "Brother doesn't have your dog. I'll go find it." leaving the room. 
Me: back with the dog from the car, "Here, baby."
Reagan: "Tain tu, Mommy."
Me: "You're welcome, Reagan."
Reagan:  hugging his dog and rolling over, "Night night, dog. Night night, Mommy."

* * *

About 3 hours later, Reagan fell out of bed with a loud thump and a shrill cry. (This only happens about 1-2 a month now, just in case you needed an update).  

Here's the conversation about it this morning at breakfast: 

me: "Ray, did you fall out of bed last night?"
Reagan: pointing to his head "Hurt head" 
me: "It hurt your head?" 
Reagan: nodding his head, "Brudder push me." 
me: laughing "Brother did not push you. He was sound asleep."
Reagan: "Brudder push me. Brudder did it." 



4 comments:

Kim said...

cute. love it when the blame game starts ;)

Anonymous said...

I was like - hey what friends did she go out to eat with and why didn't she tell me?

I'm an idiot.

You're still number 1.

aunt tric said...

hilarious! Love it!

RachD said...

hahaha so cute!!! I love how Ray is telling on everyone so cute!