Friday, July 11, 2008

A few things I know

1. The mall play area is a nice alternative when the outside temps are already creeping into the 90's by mid-morning. 

2. The mall play area is also a nice alternative since it is situated right next to Starbucks. 

(It's just water)


3. I think I have ruined my boys at an early age. I had quite a lot of shopping to do yesterday, and most of it at the mall. Both were happy and content in the stroller as long as we were in the main mall area. About midway through, whenever I would walk into a department store, they would both start crying/fussing/complaining in some way.  I returned to the mall today (I'll explain later) and was telling Stacey about this new habit, and 30 seconds later we walked into JCPenney. Reagan threw his hands up to his face and immediately started crying. It was truly like torture for him being back in that store. Me too, Ray.  (He did the same thing as we entered Regis to drop off treats for Aunt Kirsten and Macy's to finally leave) 

4. We were back in JCPenney because I bought a swimsuit there yesterday that I decided I didn't like once I got home. Imagine that. Buying a swimsuit is never my idea of a good time, especially when I am doing it in mid-July when the rest of the world has already cleared out most of the selection. 

5. I got really lucky today by grabbing one off the rack at Target without trying it on, bringing it home, having it fit, and actually liking the way it looks. (Although, if I would have grabbed it yesterday when I saw it the first time, instead of hoping I could find a cheaper one, a lot of chaos could have been avoided)

6. So I was at Target again today after buying a couple t-shirts for the boys yesterday and having to exchange them for a bigger size today. I thought buying clothes for myself was complicated! How is it that they wear a 12-18 month at Gap and an 18 month at Children's Place, but I buy 18 months at Target and they are too small?  And how is it that Kiefer wears almost 2 sizes smaller shorts than Reagan, but they can wear the same shirts? I am going to have to start stripping those poor boys down in the middle of stores and making them try these things on. Like shopping with mom isn't fun enough already. 

7. Having a husband that doesn't leave for work until around 8, and is home by 5 at the very latest every day, makes me very lucky.  Having said husband go out of town, even just for 2 days, makes me very bored. 

8. I've got some cute and fun kids.   





2 comments:

RachD said...

These boys are way to cute!

kristin said...

adorable...