Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Crisis diverted and trikes.

I was going to post something yesterday, but when I went to look at my recent pictures for an idea, I couldn't.find.my.pictures.  Gone. All gone. iPhoto. Gone.  I started out confused, called Donnie to see what I should do, and by the end of the conversation, he was on his way home and I was panicked. P-a-n-i-c-k-e-d. And in tears. And in prayer. 

I searched for iPhoto. I searched for individual photos. All I could find was that a photo library did "not exist" on my computer.  I checked the trash and found iPhotoLibrary6 right there in the trash can.  I remembered that, for the first time in a long time, I caught the boys messing with the keyboard/mouse while I was in their room putting away clothes. Somehow they sent my pictures to the trash?  So I tried to retrieve it. I'm not good at things like that.  So then I decided to continue folding laundry and waited for Donnie. In the meantime, through my tears, I tried to remember which photos were on Shutterly, which ones were on Facebook and my blog. Which ones we already had printed. And... which ones were not backed up anywhere. 

To make a LONGER story almost over, Donnie found all of the pictures. The ones we transferred from our old computer were easily retrieved. The ones we've loaded since getting this computer (almost a year ago) were in a random place and were not easily transferred. And now they are all out of order and some have wrong dates. But, if that's my biggest problem, then I am happy. 

Whew. Crisis diverted. 

I'm still a little afraid to touch anything that has to do with photos, so I will wait until another time to do that.  I have some shots of Reagan and Kiefer trying out their Radio Flyer trikes (from Grandpa Wayne and Grandma Nancy) that Donnie put together in the nice weather on Sunday. Its still a little hard for the boys to reach the pedals and move them at the same time. But by the end of Spring, I'm sure they'll be pros. 


No comments: