Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fall forward

I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but I am blaming it on Hobby Lobby. I ran in to check out the party supplies and had to walk past 4 brand new aisles of beautiful-makes-my-heart-long-for-them fall decorations. What? I am sweating just from the walk from the car to the door and they are teasing me with the gorgeous oranges and reds that make me warm and fuzzy inside?! All the sudden I'm longing for cooler days, football games, and endless bowls of chili?!  I can't have them yet! I can't put out the leaves and the pumpkins and the "happy harvest" signs for at least another month (and even then, I'm way ahead of the game).  The crockpot will still stay chili-less! My sweaters will continue to mock me from my closet as I try to stay cool in shorts and tanks.  My Home Sweet Home Tyler Candle will stay buried in the cupboard until the house can be filled with its lovely autumn fragrance.   

For now, I have to go finish my Jello Strawberry Cake that I'm taking to a pool party this evening and hope it doesn't melt in the 103 degree weather. :( 

Oh, me.


1 comment:

4under3 said...

Amen to football season and bowls of chili!!!!

And before we know it...it'll be September.

Cute background.