Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My 2 (or 3 or 4) cents

As I pulled into the voting location this morning, I had a lot of emotions. I was anxious. A little nervous. Excited. 

I even fought back tears for a second. I was thankful that I had to search for a place to park. I was thankful that I had to stand in line behind 80+ people to cast my vote. I was thankful that I even had the right to do so.  Now, granted... this is coming from the girl that sheds at least one tear each.and.every.time I hear our National Anthem. Or anytime the flags pass me in a parade. Or anytime I see a story about soldiers coming home. Or leaving their loved ones to defend and protect my loved ones. 

Today I was the girl that was practically in tears simply over my status as an American. At the time, I was still hopeful for an upset. But either way, I was happy to fill in my line next to my candidate's name. 

And as it turns out, it looks like the other guy is going to be the victor. I am disappointed, but I am not hopeless. I'm a little worried about my tax status. And more worried about how our soldiers will feel about being told to quit a war they have dedicated their present lives to winning. Concerned about unborn life. Wondering about our nation's safety. 

But I  k n o w that when I wake up tomorrow, I will still be a part of the greatest nation in the world. I will still serve the same God that still sits on the same throne.  I will continue living my life in the best way that I know how, for myself, for my kids, for my family. I will continue to pray for our nation's leaders. I will pray that they govern this land in the best way they know how, with the power that (the majority of) our citizens handed to them. 

And I have a feeling this will be a wake up call for the Republican Party. Time to win back the trust.  Also a wake up call for Christians. Time to get back down on our knees and pray for the leadership of this country. 

(Now, if BHO really is the anti-Christ, well, I will be praying for very different things... I say that in humor. a little. because the reality of it is too scary.) 

(And in the meantime, I say, give him the driver's seat. let's see him "change" everything. and let's give Mitt Romney a chance in 2012 like he should have been given a chance this time. Stupid Huckabee.  whoa... getting off track here.) 

(Okay, seriously. Did anyone see this ridiculous hologram feature on CNN? Come on.) 

(it's official as of 10PM CST. President Elect of the United States of America.  Okay. Maybe there's a little more disappointment than I was expecting. Bright side- history has been made. One more thing to be proud of. My kids will grow up seeing a black man as the leader of their nation.) 

(okay no more parenthesis. the end.) 

No comments: