Monday, November 24, 2008

Well, they came through (see last post). Cute and funny. 

First with the cute. 


And then with the funny. But not really "funny." We all went grocery shopping tonight, and when its a family event, we go one-on-one.  Each boy in their own cart, with their own parent to supervise dote on them. At one point, I was trying to decide between individual packs of raisins, mini packs of raisins, and the big bulk can. Its for their lunches, so the mini packs would be perfect. But of course they're the most expensive. So I literally ask Donnie which is more cost effective, buying the mini packs, or the big can plus the plastic baggies they would have to go in.  I've always tried to be very frugal at the grocery store, but I'm even more frugal when shopping with Donnie. So of course we went with the 11.7 cents per unit verses the 23 cents.  And went on our merry way.  

Cut to me putting the groceries away at home, reaching into a bag and pulling out these. 

Yeah, we went with the bulk can of raisins (generic at that) and "somehow" Cape Cod Style Cranberries end up in our basket. And according to the price on my receipt, they go for 49.8 cents a unit. Donnie says the boys obviously don't know we are in a recession ;) 

I've missed both boys before tossing things into the cart that aren't on our list, but I've always caught the stuff before I actually bought it.  I guess I forgot to check all the items before Donnie loaded up the belt. How "funny." 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boys must know what Aunt Kimmy's favorite cookie is, sugar cookie dough, white chocolate chips and Cape Cod style Cranberries...yummy. Perfect timing too seeing how they will see me in two days!! That's my boys!

RachD said...

hahaha! How funny! They need to come shopping with me and "accidently" put some cookies for me in the cart, then I can't feel bad. :)

Anonymous said...

That picture of Reagan is the best of him I think I've seen-so perfect! If I don't talk to you before you leave Wednesday (I'm sure you have a million things to do!) Have a wonderful time with your family and a safe trip, we'll miss you guys!!

kristin said...

great story... and great pics. :)