Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Nothing to say about today

I have come to realize how much I depend on pictures for this blog. I haven't taken any in several days, so now I have nothing to say. Nothing to share.  Man, these boys better start doing something cute or funny or naughty so I can keep you all entertained. 

The boys were troopers today. We are hitting the regular routine... out with this celebrating holidays and laying around sick business. Back to work for Donnie, back to work for me, back to "school" for the boys. I thought this morning that Reagan would for sure have a meltdown when he was dropped off this morning. He was overly sensitive, getting upset over everything. Including a major meltdown at the breakfast table when I misunderstood him asking for more milk in his bowl as him asking for more cereal. I gave him more Cheerios, and he started crying. I took the Cheerios back out of the bowl, and he started screaming and pointing to his bowl like he wanted them back. Fun times.   

So anyway, Donnie took them to school and I picked them up to nothing but great reviews. "Got right back into the groove" and "jumped right in." (and this is even considering they are in new rooms due to construction)  They held hands and stayed right with me the entire way to the car, getting adoring glances from others, of course. 

So, I thought I'd push a little further and go to Sam's before heading home. Reagan sometimes doesn't participate in helping himself into the child seat in the cart, so I was basically shoving his legs in the holes against his will (gently, of course.) He started to cry. As I went to the other side of the car to get Kiefer, a lady stopped and asked Reagan, "why are you crying little guy?" I thought at first, "oh great." Let's be honest. I don't need an audience when my child is upset over something as little as having to sit in a cart. I greet her, and start to put Kiefer in his seat. Then I realize the belt is stuck and I have to lift Kiefer back out. So I hold him and try to get it. The lady says "Here, let me lift him up a little" while grabbing Reagan.  "Nope, I'm just going to have to take him out" she says while this time, taking Reagan out of the seat. He fully cooperates for the first time in his life, by helping move his legs. She holds Reagan and says, "That's better." So at this point, I am stuck somewhere in between "is this lady kidnapping my kid?" and "oh, I couldn't have done this without her help!" I get the belt, she places Reagan back in his seat, (again, with his new found cooperation) squeezes him a little, he smiles, and she says "There's your smile. I love your smile."  She tells me to have a nice day, pats me on the shoulder and goes on her way.  Hmmm. That was nice.

So we start walking into Sam's, and I kid you not, the cart is squeaking like a dying pig. So loud that people turn around and stare as I flash my membership card.  SO. I grab the nearest cart, do a "quick" switcheroo with the boys, and off we go. 

See, I told you I had nothing to say without pictures. 


No comments: