Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Safety Dog

Our boys never had a "blankie" or anything specific that they seemed attached to when they were younger. Maybe because they shared almost everything? I don't know. I always thought it was sort of sad, but then I was thankful that I wouldn't be engaged in a tug-of-war with a tattered and overly loved blanket on the first day of Kindergarten. :) But my mom got them stuffed dogs for Christmas, and when I wasn't looking, they became attached. For a long while, they stayed in their cribs. Then the dogs started making their ways out to the living room in the morning. And on their Elmo couch for a movie. And sometimes, if one boy is crying, brother will run and get the assigned dog to help comfort.  The dogs go on long road trips, and to overnight stays, and just recently, they even got to go in the car just across town. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look soooooooooooo cute with their little doggies. I am so glad that I got them and they are just the right kind to haul around.