Monday, June 16, 2008

"A tall iced coffee and do I have anything in my teeth?"

Am I the only one that doesn't know this?

I went through a Starbucks drive thru this morning and as I was at the window waiting on the drink, I heard the girl at the register say "That looks like the guy on the news."  I was puzzled for one second until I looked in my rear view mirror and saw Charles Ely (from KTUL) pulling up behind me. Not "sounds like" but "looks like." They have cameras?!  Am I seriously the only one that hasn't figured this one out? Well, besides Donnie. I called him with the breaking news so he would know to stop making faces at the Sunday morning barista at 71st and Memorial that finds a way to annoy us a little more each time we visit. 

Okay, so its not breaking news. It might be common knowledge. And it really doesn't change my life. I'm not going to start touching up my lipgloss to order my iced coffee. I don't feel violated for being watched when I wasn't aware. And I really don't care if they can see me. But maybe I could try to look a little less (insert adjective to describe this face I'm making) when I'm trying to quickly decide between an iced chai, iced americano, or just plain coffee today. And I will for sure quit making this face (I wish I had the words...)  when Sunday-morning-guy   s l o w l y says "I  g u e s s  t h a t 's  j u s t  a  p o p u l a r  o r d e r" when we insist we didn't just order the same two drinks there the last time he worked.  And hopefully I will be able to control my surprise reaction the next time I-love-my-job-guy screams "welcome to 81st and Mingo on this lovely day, how can I help you?" 

I'm just sayin....

2 comments:

Donnie said...

At the risk of sounding like Wayne, I "GUARANTEE" that our least-favorite barista does his act simply because he liked watching the reactions of people that had no idea there's a camera.

I'm gonna start making really funny faces.

Anonymous said...

hee hee, ha ha. I wish you could see my face! I'm picturing goofy sunday morning guy watching Donnie after everything I've heard him say about him.