Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Confessions of a Busy Mom

I decided as soon as I woke up that I needed to run to the store for something later in the day, so I put on some clothes and went with hand-combed hair, no make-up and morning breath. 

The clothes I dressed in came out of the suitcase I still haven't unpacked from our weekend. 

I realized half way through my peanut butter bars, that I was short 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar (yes, after my early morning trip to the store. and I knew our neighbors were gone so they couldn't help me out.)

I threw some jeans on the boys but left on the t-shirts they slept in, and we went to the store again. With me still in my suitcase clothes and no make-up. But this time it was a ponytail and coffee breath. 

I put the boys in their beds and put on a movie so I could finish making the desserts and get ready to leave. 

As I was changing Reagan's dirty diaper and putting on a clean shirt, Kiefer took his jeans and diaper off and peed in his crib (a first). I got him out, changed him, and left the wet crib. 

We left the house 5 minutes before the boys' (flu-shot) appointment that is at least 12 minutes away. 

I put minimal make-up on in the car and was torn between wanting red lights for the mascara application and wanting green lights for the speediness to the dr's. office. 

I considered for at least 10 seconds, leaving the boys in the car while I ran in to a restaurant to  grab a gift certificate. (I parked right by the door and the walls were all windows.) I didn't do it.  

I dropped off dessert for our church staff as part of Pastor Appreciation Month. 3 cookies were missing. One for me, one for each boy.  Who am I kidding? Two for me, the boys split one. 

It was already past our normal lunch time, so I stopped at Sonic and the boys ate Popcorn Chicken (also a first) as they watched Elmo all the way home.  I had to keep them awake! 

And lastly, I am blogging instead of cleaning up the disaster I left in the kitchen this morning. 

Whew. I feel better. 



3 comments:

RachD said...

Haha I love this!! You are funny.

Anonymous said...

Yea! I am not the only one that has days like this!!

4under3 said...

Phew! I feel much better too. Thanks for all that.

1. I'm jealous you live near a Sonic. I love their limeade thing.

2. I ran into Target to pick up something at the service desk. I parked in front of the store. And there weren't any windows.

3. I'm so with you when it comes to red lights or green lights.


Tiff

p.s. great post.