Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TwinTalk


Sometimes I forget about this little thing that takes place in our home every day. Its not necessarily unique these days... all the cool people are doing it. Brangelina. J-Lo. Tiffany ;)

But it really is truly amazing to me. 

Twins. Together (almost) always, ever since they shared a womb. 







Sometimes I forget when they are crying over the same book. Or teasing one another by taking away a toy. Or teaming up against me by running separate ways. Or sometimes I just plain forget about the whole wonderfulness of twins when I want to do nothing but put them in bed an hour early!  (Wait. That's never me. Okay. Sometimes.) 








I'm reminded on days like today, when I drop them off at Mom's Day Off, and they just stand next to each other near the door. One decides to be shy, so the other stands back, too. Supporting one another, simply with their presence.  And when we come home and Reagan trips on the steps and Kiefer grabs his hand to pull him up. Or when Reagan sees Daddy playing "this little piggy" with Kiefer and immediately starts to pull off his socks because he knows his turn is next. Or when Kiefer wants his drink but won't leave the kitchen without his brother's cup, too.  Sure, these things may be very similar with siblings that didn't roll around in the same uterus...


But I also think it is completely different. And the bond is strong. And I pray it is there for their entire lifetime. You are (generally) with siblings longer than you are with parents, friends, spouses. And to think these two got a headstart back when we knew them as "a" and "b." 

 

4 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

I love footie pajamas!

Twins must be fun, too.

Congrats on your stellar name choice over at Tiff's!

RachD said...

Awww this is so sweet. I just love those two so much, they are precious.

Donnie said...

Yeah, it is pretty cool. We're lucky!

4under3 said...

(sniff, sniff.) Crying before 9:00. So sweet, Andi!


And congrats. I can't wait to send you your package.

Tiff