Saturday, May 3, 2008

Featured Friend

                                  
I think maybe I will just "feature" some people that I like a lot every once in a while on here. Maybe cause I have nothing else to say or maybe because that person is just super cool at the moment. 
Today it is my BFF Stacey. We just celebrated her 30th birthday this week, so what a great time to give a shout out.  She was my college roommate turned best friend turned co-worker turned still best friend. She's in a season of life of trying to live healthier and she has a goal to shed pounds. If you haven't already, check out her website www.TooCheesy.com  As a Cheese Puff, I wrote the following in support of her efforts. It will tell you a lot about her.  

I walked into my new dorm room on the first night on campus and found my roommate/ stranger/future BFF sitting on the bed next to mine. She was 19 and I was 18. Now, TEN years later, I am so anxious for this new step in Stacey's life, and I am excited to be a part of it. In honor of living our 30th year healthier, happier, and closer to those we love...  
Top 30 Reasons Why I Am Honored To Be Stacey's Cheese Puff
1. she deserves to be treated as she treats the people around her
2. she is the most generous person with her time, money and emotions 
3. she didn't tell me she hated the sunflower decorations I used in our dorm room until after we moved out
4. she taught me how to make guacamole
5. she talked me through and helped cry it out during the most heart-wrenching loss of my life
6. she dressed in an orange t-shirt & denim jumper with white tennis shoes (okay, me too. on the same day.)
7. she spent the night at my apartment when I didn't want to be by myself
8. she sees movies she doesn't want to just to be around her friends
9. she is really, really smart
10. she is really, really funny
11. she co-authored the "butt print" theory with me
12. she likes my kids a lot
13. she came to hold them, change them, and make their bottles several times a week when they were first born
14. she's listens to my "I don't know what to do with my life" speeches more than anyone else 
15. she loves people more than they should be loved sometimes
16. she forgives people more than I can forgive sometimes
17. she would be more clever writing these 30 things
18. she told me every day how great of a pregnant lady I was
19. she is compassionate in all of her work
20. she has always dropped what she's doing to help me 
21. she explains Bible stories to me when I forget them 
22. she brings me coffee
23. she let me linger at her desk 6 times a day when I was bored or avoiding responsibilities at work
24. she will greatly benefit from everyone's support and enthusiasm
25. she succeeds at whatever she tells herself she will succeed
26. she told me she didn't think the plane hitting the building was that big of a deal, to keep me calm on the phone 
27. she spent the next 72 hours with me when it turns out, it was a big deal
28. she served cheesecake at my wedding (man, thanks again for that)
29. she will most definitely take her new healthy self to many countries to spread Love
30. she will live up to everything she wants to be and everything we know she can do, when she doesn't have this burden of being Too Cheesy

No comments: