Saturday, May 24, 2008

He is Good

God and my Grandpa :)
We've definitely had answered prayers so far. It was a LONG day starting with a FIVE HOUR DELAY actually getting into surgery. (Nothing like waiting half of a day just to get to the actual waiting room) Grandpa at least got to rest a little during that time, but otherwise we just took turns having small visits with him in his room. He had a peace that was very comforting to the rest of us. They came to get him for surgery right before 4:00 so we all got to give hugs and say "see you soon" (a no-good-bye-rule was enforced) before we headed off to wait/sleep/eat/laugh/chat some more. My Grandma has been an absolute trooper the whole time. I can't fathom what it would be like to go through this with your husband of almost 62 years, but I'm sure its supposed to be done just like she did it. She didn't want to go home last night ("He wouldn't leave me, so I won't leave him") so I stayed at the hospital with her last night. Luckily, Grandma fell asleep before midnight and is still sleeping now at 7:30. I didn't do much for her, but its nice to take care of one that's taken care of me so many, many times.
Grandpa's nurse says he's starting to stir just a bit, so he may not be sedated much longer. He's not "out of the woods" yet but everything is looking good.
Thank you for your prayers. From the bottom of my Grandpa's heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good news! It sounds like your grandfather is a very strong man. I'm still thinking of you and your family.