Monday, May 5, 2008

Not Liking the TeamWork

Sometimes when I had the twins out in public the first several months after they were born, strangers would stop me, touch my arm and say "It will get easier."  I thought, "yeah, right" and went on my way. But it did get easier. And recently, they've become the best of playmates, and they spend a lot of their time entertaining each other.  And we've thought, "Man, this is still getting easier."
Well, then there were other people that would say things to me like, "Wait until they team up on you" or "wait until they start working together against you."  I thought, "ha, ha." And now I'm finding it difficult to "go on my way."
Just today, they've worked together to knock the pack-n-play over on its side to get the puppy dog inside of it. I had just checked on them, and they were playing nicely. Later, I ran back to my room to get dressed, and they moved their book sling away from the wall and dumped every book out onto the floor. In less than 3 minutes. And then there's the plugs in their room. We've got the other ones hidden behind furniture, but the lamp and air filter cannot be hidden. And they cannot be left alone. One will unplug the lamp while the other goes for the filter. At least 9 times today, I've had to plug them back in.  It's like they've hit this stride where they think if they do it together, than its not bad or something. Or they are just enjoying the extra strength and endurance that comes with teamwork. Whatever it is, I hope they hit a losing streak here soon.  

2 comments:

4under3 said...

Oh no!! Don't tell me all this! Here's hoping that my little team of girls makes it not so hard.

However, I do have a friend who has twin girls. They're 7 now, but she remembers watching them as 4yearolds stacking anything they could find on top of a kitchen chair so they could reach some goodies on the top shelf of a cupboard. Oh dear!

Anonymous said...

this is sounding familiar....at my house they would both crawl under the buffet and unplug the lamp under there then wait for me to find them. OVER AND OVER.but they're just so darn cute..... :)