Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Four Separate Conversations...

within 2 hours of each other at the mall today... 

1)    lady in Bath & Body: How old are your boys?
me: They're two.
lady: (confused look)
me: They're twins. 
lady: Oh, I would have never guessed. 

2)    lady in Macy's: Oh, they are so sweet. How much younger is this one? 
(pointing to Kiefer)
me: About 30 seconds.  (I never want to sound sarcastic or condescending when answering this question, but I really never know if they are expecting "one minute" or "one year") 
lady: Oh, they are twins?! Oh my.  They look nothing alike. 

3) lady by the play area: You have some handsome fellas. How old are they? 
me: They're two.
lady:  Oh? They're both two?  So they are really close in age. 
me: uh, yes. They're twins.
lady:  NO!  That one's so much bigger*!
 * by so much bigger, she must have meant 3/4 inch in height and 4 pounds in weight

and then...
4)    lady in the elevator: (while Reagan is giving her "the eyes")  OOoohh... they are so much fun.  How old are they?
me: Two
lady: I thought they were twins.  They must be identical

Ba-da-dum.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as usual...laughing out loud ;)

Anonymous said...

this must wear you out lol!!