Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday

On this particular Thursday, 

I am thankful for my husband. 

I am thankful that it was just the 61st floor. 

I am thankful that he followed everyone else down the stairs. 

I am thankful that he kept walking. 

I am thankful that he had friends with him.

I am thankful that he made it home safely. 

I am thankful that we've had 7 more years together since that day. 


I am thankful for the men and women that have kept us safe each day. 

Locally, nationally, and internationally. 

I am thankful for the men and women that are serving to continue to keep us safe.

I am thankful for the President doing the right thing. 

I am thankful to have been born in a country that serves its people first.  

I am thankful to be an American. 


imgres.jpg

6 comments:

Donnie said...

I love you.

Anonymous said...

I just got done crying from reading some of "The Shack", and then I read this....good grief. It is a good thing I don't have any makeup on today! Ben keeps saying "Oh no, all wet", pointing at my face!

Anonymous said...

thankful too..

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am also very thankful. We got two beautiful little grandsons because their daddy came home safely and soundly from the Twin Towers.

kristin said...

amen.

RachD said...

I am very thankful for a brother like Donnie(and not just because of the ticket) :) I really am thankful that he is in my life. He's a wonderful brother, son, father and husband(even though he picks on andi a lot)... I love you Donnie... a whole lot.