Monday, September 29, 2008

Strep visits again

I don't know why Strep loves me. I hate it. 
I've had it at least once a year, for as long as I can remember. What adult gets Strep this much? 
The bad news is that is was awful. So bad that I endured the walk-in clinic on Saturday morning. I spent the rest of the day in bed. I wanted to stay as far from the boys as I could. The good news is they had a good weekend with Dad. They had a fun morning with Dad and the grandparents and then after nap, they didn't know I was home. It was funny, Donnie kept sneaking into my room to see if I needed anything.  I finally got up and spent about 45 minutes with them before bed.  
Sunday was still pretty bad so Donnie took the boys to church and I slept. By noon, I had been on my antibiotic for over 24 hours, so I ventured out to sit with everyone for lunch and then put the boys to bed.  This morning, I am feeling much better. Still yucky, but much better. 

I did get a chance to read Twilight, a book some people have wanted me to read for a couple of months. I was told it was a page-turner and I hadn't wanted to invest time in it before this weekend. But since I had 24 hours to do nothing but lay in bed, I figured I'd see what the hype was about.    

So several of our plans for the weekend were cancelled because of ol' sickey, but we are coming up on a very busy week!  Trips to the fair, nice dinners, and ol' sickey here turns 30!  I'm just glad Mr. Step decided to visit last weekend instead of this weekend when we get to go visit my family! 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's for sure. We wouldn't want to miss a visit from you because of "little sore throat" (just kidding, I know strep is AWFUL in an adult). I don't understand how kids seem to act like it is no BIG DEAL when they have strep throat. Have fun at the fair. I will miss not going again this year. Have a great birthday also this week. We will see you on Friday. We are going to have a FULL houseful this weekend. Love you always and forever

Anonymous said...

strep sucks! My turn for this year should be in about a month:)
so, was Twilight worth the hype? I see ya still haven't started Harry Potter yet...
love ya!